Thursday, August 11, 2011

Roots and Recipe: Food Choice

Threw out my whole life I've had many family gatherings and we would always smell that hot, steaming smell of the spanish rice as my aunty brings it out of the house. Every time when I was a little kid, I would run to the food table and ask "where's the spanish rice?" :) Then, I would watch my aunty carry the pan of spanish rice out of the house.  Then, when it is placed on the table, I go ahead and scoop loads of spanish rice onto my plate.  We would never get tired of it because it was so scrumptious! :) This recipe holds so much memories of the past years that I will never forget. So, this is the dish I will be using for my roots and recipe project, and I will be interviewing my Aunty Pricilla.

3 comments:

  1. First off, I love that word, "scrumptious." :)It seems the spanish rice is important to you and your family history. So this sounds like a good idea ^__^ Good luck c:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fact that you made spanish rice seem so good in this. It's important to you and your family. So Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Taira,
    Sounds like you have a great recipe to share :)
    You've written a bit about how it is part of family celebrations. In your essay, bring these things, as well as the food itself, to life with specific, sensory detail and dialogue.
    mrs s

    ReplyDelete